Monday 4 August 2014

July Favourites

July Favourites 


This month I really haven’t been wearing a lot of makeup, in fact most days I haven’t been wearing anything. When I’m going to the beach or just chilling with my family it has been so nice to only have to put sun cream on my face and just go natural. My skin is far from perfect but on hot days it’s so much better to let the sun get to your skin (when wearing SPF of course) rather than trying to deal with makeup melting on your face! So all of my favourites this month are skincare and body related, and actually looking at them now all apart from one is some form of moisturiser! Anyway, let’s get into the produts.
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter 24 Hour Moisturiser
I don’t think I have tried this brand before but I do love the smell of cocoa butter. After spending a few days on the beach climbing rocks, swimming in the sea and walking on the sand I was getting really dry feet. And if there is one think that I hate it is dry hands, lips or feet. So the next time I went to the supermarket I picked this up for about £2! It smells amazing and it is no nice and moisturising so I have just been using it all over my body as well. My boyfriend keeps stealing it too as he loves the smell!

Nivea Express Hydration Hand Lotion

Following on from the hate of dry hands and feet this hand moisturiser has also been a saviour. I’ve been using this for a few months now and I honestly can’t go anywhere unless this is in my bag, it’s become a bit of an obsession. This smells really fresh and gets rid of dry hands straight away, pretty standard for most hand moisturisers. What I really love about this one is how quickly it absorbs and sinks into my skin so I am never left with greasy hands, just moisturised ones.

Q: Balance Body Spray

I was obsessed with body sprays when I was about 12 years old, especially the Charlie ones. And since I discovered that body sprays weren’t quite as cool as I thought they were and actually perfumes were more sophisticated I don’t think I have used one since. However while buying a new deodorant in Boots I saw this and picked it up for only about £2.50. If you read my blog regularly then you will know that I have recently bought a new Marc Jacobs perfume, although for me it was more of an investment as it was so expensive! I thought that this would be a great substitute for days when I am only going to the beach or not really doing anything so that I don’t waste my Daisy Dream perfume. This is just a lovely light, fresh body spray. It’s not over powering at all and once I’ve sprayed it on myself I can’t really even smell it but it’s nice that I can still smell good for other people!

Garnier Ambre Solaire Soothing Hydration Lotion

If you were just wondering what a soothing hydration lotion is basically just an after sun. I think that after spending a whole day in the sun (especially in warmer climates on holiday) it’s really important to use an after sun. This after sun is light but really hydrating on the skin. It is enriched with aloe vera which has calming a soothing properties and will really help your skin after it has been exposed to the sun for long periods of time. This one also isn’t super expensive and I’ve found that the 200ml bottle is great for travelling. My favourite thing about this though is if you come back from a day in the sun and find that you are starting to go a little bit pink just apply a generous amount of this before you go to bed and when you wake up in the morning it will look a lot more like the golden tan you desired!

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion


Once again I am changing up my skin care a little bit! And of the new products that I am trying at the moment this is the only one that I feel confident enough to already put into a favourites post. This little tube has been amazing for travelling and it’s just a lovely light but rich moisturiser. 

No comments:

Post a Comment