Thursday 23 October 2014

Autumn Dinner Outfit

Autumn Dinner Outfit

Penney Chic autumn dress style fashion topshop

Yesterday we had a formal dinner at my halls of residence so we all had a chance to get dressed up. And believe it or not this is the first time I have worn a dress at university! I just wanted to quickly show you what I wore and how I did my makeup as I was feeling pretty Autumnal. 

I've finally worked out how to position and set my camera on timer so that it focuses by sorry that the quality of the pictures aren't great. Hopefully I will get better with practice. I just thought it would be nice for you to see the dress on me rather than laying it on my bed which I have been doing for all my other outfit posts recently. 

The dress that I am wearing is from Topshop and I got it in the sale a couple of years ago. It's a little small for me but I just loved it so much that I was prepared to squeeze! I just think that the colours are beautiful and that it is prefect for this time of year. It's also great because I can wear it with black tights and it can pick up the black lace on the dress. 

Penney Chic beauty autumn makeup

Hehe! Looking nice and posy! For my makeup I did a little bit of a brown smokey eye with my Maybelline colour tattoo in On and on bronze and the Rimmel glam eyes palette in smokey brun. And then lots of mascara and a bit of a berry lip (although you can't really see it in the photo)

Penney Chic autumn dress style fashion topshop

Left my hair natural and kept my jewellery very simple as there is quite a lot going on in the dress already. 

Penney Chic beauty autumn makeup

Penney Chic autumn dress style fashion topshop

Love the beautiful lace detail on the dress. 

Hope you like this post and are all looking forward to the weekend (and possibly half term now). I have a reading week at university which is basically a half term so tomorrow I am going to stay with my family for a few days in the peak district. It's been 6 weeks since I last saw them and I have missed them all so much. Can't wait for lots of hugs and chatting with my family and snuggles with my doggy. Might not be able to post quite as often as I really want to spend some quality time with them. Won't be seeing them after this until Christmas! Speak soon xx

4 comments:

  1. The dress is so beautiful! xx


    www.justanotherstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the dress is beautiful and your makeup is stunning!

    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete