Wednesday 8 October 2014

If I Was A Rich Girl...

If I Was A Rich Girl...

This week for my Fashion Marketing course I had a really amazing lecture by Victoria from inthefrow! She was talking about taking inspiration from designers and it really inspired me to go home and look at all the beautiful designer clothing that is out at the moment. I love reading Vogue and scrolling through the designer websites looking at what they have in and then trying to recreate my own version of the look with high street pieces. 

So I made two different boards filled with designer pieces which were all found on net-a-porter. One is the more classic and cult designer pieces inspiring that timeless style which I love and the other is more adventurous and unique encouraging me to take more risks in fashion. I know I will probably never be able to afford any of these but I think it is lovely to look and take inspiration from designers. A lot of the time high street brands are taking looks and creating there own versions of designer pieces for a fraction of the price. So when I go shopping I like to shop for items that are designer inspired and look more expensive than they really are. 

These two boards are just my personal inspiration but I would really encourage you to make your own. It's great fun and then you can start searching for high street versions of the items that you love.  

Classic Style inspiration

  • Michael Kors Sutton large textured-leather tote bag in dark dune
  • Burberry London mid-length trench coat
  • Tory Burch Renny guipure Lace dress
  • Stella McCartney satin-trimmed wool-twill blazer
  • YSL wool striped top
  • Gucci horsebit-embellished leather boots
  • Valentino pussy bow blouse
  • TIBI worth embroidered cloque peplum top
  • Shinola Runwell rose gold plated and leather watch 

Unique style inspiration


  • Collette Dinnigan cotton-lace mini dress
  • SEA embroidered lace mini skirt
  • Oscar De La Renta Embellished Silk Jacket
  • Stella McCartney tie dye-effect jacquard mini skirt
  • Charlotte Oympia what a peach suede clutch
  • Miu Miu embellished collar crepe top
  • Diane Von Furstenburg leather and leopard-print calf hair gloves
  • Karl Donoghue shealing gilet 

No comments:

Post a Comment