Monday 20 October 2014

Mini Haul - Black and White

Mini Haul - Black and White 


I feel like my current love for monochrome is starting to get a little bit out of hand! It seems like everything I buy is either black, white or a mix of the two. But anyway, recently (as always!) I have been doing a little bit of shopping and I wanted to show you what I have been buying. 


The first thing that I bought was this cami top from River Island. I've seen a lot of people wearing this top in different colours but the print of this one really caught my eye. It's quite unusual and I thought it would look great with jeans and my black leather jacket. What I really love about this top though is the neckline as it is really flattering. 


The other black and white print top that I got was this one from Topshop. I'd tried it on in the shop before and fallen in love with it, but I just couldn't bring myself to part with £38! So when the student lock-in came around in Manchester I had 20% off plus a £5 gift card I finally allowed myself to buy the top. It was around £25 which I think is still a little pricey but I also think that the cut, print and shape make this top look a lot more expensive.
One think that does annoy me slightly though is that Topshop seem to be copying this print onto everything, leggings, crop tops, sleeveless tops etc and since I've bought this I've seen so many people wearing this print. Oh well, it's still beautiful! 


I especially love the back of this top as I think that the stripe with the zip on the black make it look really classy and sophisticated. 


When I was visiting my friend in Leeds we had a little wonder around the shops and ended up in the New Look sale section. I find it hard to find stuff in the sale section of shops as size 8 is quite a common size that normally sells out pretty quickly. However I spotted this and just thought it was beautiful so I couldn't resist it for £15. It looks pretty summery but while Autumn is still quite warm I have been wearing this loads with my khaki jeans and fun gilet. 


This is another purchase from the student lock-in evening! In my opinion H&M at the moment is amazing. Every time I go in the shop they have so many amazing new pieces and they are all so afford able. I couldn't resist getting this LBD for £20. The cut is really lovely and I think the sleeves are so pretty. Worn with simple jewellery and some little heels this is another item that I think looks a lot more expensive than it actually was. 


The dress is also pretty heavy as under the layer of lace there is a thick lining so you don't have to worry about anything looking see-through! 



Accessorize is another one of my weaknesses so I couldn't leave with out buying this beautiful necklace. I have a lot of pendants and quite a few statement necklaces but nothing longer and pretty like this. To me this necklace just screamed Christmas/New Year with the glitzy stars!


I think this would look great with a simple white blouse, jeans and some heels. 


And last but not least, my more useful purchase. For university I managed to pack loads of drop earrings and lots of glitzy pretty studs, but not a lot of simple studs that I cold wear everyday. And during freshers week I wore my favourite simple white people studs out and lost them so I've been needing to replace them ever since. These were £6 for a pack of 5 which I thought was pretty good and I know that I am going to get so much wear out of all of these. 

Hope you liked this little haul, I'm sure there will be more coming up soon! What have you guys been buying for Autumn/Winter? Speak soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment