Sunday 26 October 2014

My Real Techniques Brushes

My Real Techniques Brushes 

Penney Chic real techniques brushes

Penney Chic real techniques brushes

I know that there are so many reviews of these brushes all over the internet but I really wanted to talk about what I like to use each of these brushes for. I was lucky enough to receive all of these brushes for my birthday this year after wanted them for over a year. And I was definitely not disappointed. These are really amazing brushes, especially for the price and I honestly do not know what I used before these!

The Buffing Brush - I think this is my favourite brush of all. It just applies foundation or BB cream so beautifully and evenly. Before this I just used to use my fingers and it was so much harder to really blend the makeup in so it looked natural. Can't live without this one now!

The Pointed Foundation Brush - This is probably my least used out of all the brushes. But sometimes I like to use it to really blend in my concealer, particularly around my eyes. If you have any other uses for this brush though then I would love to hear about them in the comments.


The Foundation Brush - I don't think that I have ever actually used this for foundation, but to me this is the perfect bronzer/contour brush. I use this with my Bourjois chocolate bronzer to really define my cheek bones and then I like to bring it up a bit on my forehead and down under my chin to create a shadow of a more defined jaw line. Personally I think that this brush is perfect for bronzer. 


The Detailer Brush - I don't use this one all the time but I do find it comes in very useful for when I am doing a smokey eye look. I like to use my Sephora black eye liner to outline my eyes and then I use this brush to smudge everything out and make it look more smokey. The brush isn't overly soft which makes it perfect for blending thicker more pigmented eye liners/ gels or cream eyeshadows. 


The Expert Face Brush - this is the other one that I like to use for foundation and BB cream. I think I prefer the buffing brush as it is slightly softer so I think blends more naturally but this is still a really good one, way better than fingers! 

The Contour Brush - Again I don't really use this one for contour. For me this is the perfect little blusher brush that's quite nice and small you you can really focus the colour where you want it on the cheeks. 

Hope that maybe this helps you find some new ways you can use you real techniques brushes. They are really amazing brushes, some of the best on the high street. And if you use any of these brushes in a different way then let me know in the comments :) xx


8 comments:

  1. Great post. I really would love to try out this brushes. They seem really great value!

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) And yeah, I really recommend them xx

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the expert face brush for foundation! I used to use the stippling brush but I feel that's better for creme blushes/bronzers! I love RT brushes in general!

    www.justanotherstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love Real Techniques! I really want the contour brush!

    Yasmeen xx
    The Mirror Affects

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my real technique brushes! Definitely one of the best purchases I made!

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Really don't know what I would do without them now! xx

      Delete