Wednesday 19 November 2014

Manchester Christmas Markets

Manchester Christmas Markets

Penney Chic Manchester christmas market 2014

Last weekend Jack (my boyfriend) came to Manchester. We had a really lovely relaxing weekend and it was so nice to forget about work for a bit after handing in my coursework for my deadline last Friday. 

Last weekend also marked the first weekend of the Manchester Christmas markets. Something that I had never heard of but are a apparently a really big deal and people come from far away to wonder around them. I'm already super excited about Christmas and the amazing Manchester Christmas lights turn on a few weeks ago really got me into the Christmas spirit! I'm even started to get my Christmas playlist all ready! 

Penney Chic Manchester christmas market 2014

We had such a nice time wondering around the Christmas markets and were there for several hours and I don't think we even covered it all. It's so huge that they have about seven separate markets that they have made into a trail so you can walk from the French market to the craft market to the food areas. 

I didn't end up buying anything from the stalls (student budgeting and all that!) apart from some of food. We had a German hot dog, which I wasn't too sure about followed by an amazing Nutella crepe which are always my favourite. 

Penney Chic Manchester christmas market 2014

Really want to go back and try one of these pretzels! Was just way too full at the time. 

Penney Chic Manchester christmas market 2014

Just wanted to share with you a few of the pictures that I took and hopefully get you into the Christmas spirit. I'm getting so excited now and I can't wait to go back home to my family and just spend evenings with them chilling by the fire. I haven't been home since I left for university! And before that the longest I had ever been away from home was about a week!

Hope you are all well. Speak soon xx


2 comments:

  1. That's such a funny coincidence - my boyfriend also came and visited last weekend and I took him here :) it can get really busy but it's so much fun if you go at the right time xx

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete