Tuesday 11 November 2014

What we can learn from Blair Waldorf

What we can learn from Blair Waldorf


I know that sadly Gossip Girl finished a while ago but the other day I saw a post on Tumblr with a gif of Blair Waldorf and it just reminded me how much I loved her in Gossip Girl. She's independent, funny, smart and she dresses well and I thought it would make a great post to write about some of the things we can learn from her. And hopefully we can all relive Gossip Girl for a little bit, because honestly I really miss it!



Her Style

  • Headbands! - doesn't really need to be said. I don't wear a lot of headbands but they always look great on her and I really want to try them now. And any other cute girlie hair accessories such as clips and hair bows will also work perfectly. 
  • Her style is preppy, classy and feminine - she loves shirt, bows, shirts with bows, dresses and skirts and hardly ever wears jeans.  
  • A pop of colour - she always add a pop of colour somewhere in an outfit. Whether it's a handbag, a bright pair of tights and scarf or a headband. 
  • Don't be afraid to clash prints - Blair is definitely not scared of clashing colours or prints. Does anyone else remember that amazing skirt and top combination she wore in the episode in Paris?! But when you clash prints try to pick up a colour somewhere. 
  • Find the perfect key pieces - Like a lot of other women Blair is reliant on the classics in her wardrobe. For her this is a fitted blazer, white blouse, classic pencil skirt, pretty clutches and lots and lots of tights!
  • Keep makeup simple - Blair doesn't go overboard with makeup and always like to keep it simple and pretty. She wouldn't want people to know that she was wearing fake eyelashes!

How to act like Blair

  • Act confident even if your not feeling it 
  • Stay calm and composed - it will give you the upper hand 
  • Try and have great comebacks - Blair always has something sharp and witty to say to put people in their place
  • If someone is annoying you or your mad at them let them know - you don't want them walking all over you again. Let them know how your feeling but maybe in a more polite way than Blair does! 
  • Work hard - make a name for yourself and don't let anyone else push you around. 
And if in doubt just think "What would Blair Waldorf do?"



Top Quotes


"Destiny is for losers. It's just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen."

"Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness didn't know where to shop."

"I'm not a stop along the way. I'm a destination."

"Fashion is Art, Culture, History and everything I love combined."

"I'm not anyone. I'm me."


Finally, maybe there is something that we can learn from the other Gossip Girl characters. I love this little quote that I stumbled across a while ago.




3 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS. Gossip Girl is gospel. and I love Blair! xo

    thebeautyideal,blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Blair Waldorf totally changed me when I was growing up. She's always been my role model. I loved this post!

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete