Friday 31 July 2015

Back To Basics

Back To Basics

Katherine Penney Chic Fashion Style Blogger Summer Outfit ootd White Black Monochrome Simple Classic

I have spent most of today just packing for Kefalonia tomorrow. We are leaving in the early hours of the morning so I need to be completely ready by the time I got to sleep. But I did manage to get out the house today to meet some old school friends that I haven't seen in months. I have known them all since I was 11 years old and they are a group of some of my best friends. The kind of friends that you don't see in almost a year and then you just pick up where you left off and it is like no time has passed at all. Which is great because we are all at different universities, studying different subjects and don't get to see each other too often. 

Anyway, we went out for lunch in town, Pizza Express, as it is cheap and quick. We are all students after all! And I thought I would share my outfit with you. It was just a few basic pieces that I threw together and then accessorized a little, but I really loved the way that it looks. 

Katherine Penney Chic Fashion Style Blogger Summer Outfit ootd White Black Monochrome Simple Classic

This white top is one of my absolute favourites, and that is saying something as I do have quite a few white tops! But they are just so useful to throw on as they go with any coloured jeans, skirts or shorts and most accessories. To make things even more simple I also wore a pair of black skinny jeans. When in doubt or in a rush monochrome is always a good way to go! 

Katherine Penney Chic Fashion Style Blogger Summer Outfit ootd White Black Monochrome Simple Classic

I also threw on a gold watch and necklace, big sunnies and my slip-ons. And then I carried around all my stuff (most of it unnecessary, I should have gone with just my card and phone!) in this pastel satchel handbag. Which if I am honest I totally forgot I had until I found it while packing this morning! 

All that I need to do now is decide what I am going to wear on the flight. When it comes to flying (especially when it is like 3am) I am more of a no makeup, comfy clothes kind of girl. All I am really going to do is put my headphones in and fall asleep. So I am off to hunt for my travel pillow and a cosy hoodie! Speak soon xx

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute summer outfit, I love your bag!

    Jemma
    http://www.byjma.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete