Sunday 4 October 2015

The Winter Skirt

The Winter Skirt 

Katherine Penney Chic Blogger Fashion Style Outfit Ootd Autumn Pretty Preppy Simple Classic Cute Luxury

Another preppy Autumn outfit post today, featuring my new skirt from Topshop. I made a decision a couple of weeks ago that I was going to make more effort to wear skirts and dresses for the rest of this year. Don't get me wrong, I love skinny jeans and a big jumper for the colder months as much as the next person. But last year it was literally all I wore! So this year I am trying to switch it up a bit more, be a little more adventurous with my fashion choices. Maybe sometime soon I will start wearing colour, although that could be pushing it! 

Katherine Penney Chic Blogger Fashion Style Outfit Ootd Autumn Pretty Preppy Simple Classic Cute Luxury

I spotted this skirt while browsing though the Topshop website a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with it. It's in a jersey herrringbone fabric so it feels thicker and a bit more Wintery. And it has the A-line shape which I find looks the most flattering on me. I think this will look lovely with black tights, a woollen scarf and a coat. 

Katherine Penney Chic Blogger Fashion Style Outfit Ootd Autumn Pretty Preppy Simple Classic Cute Luxury

On this day I paired the skirt with my H&M jumper and my Zara fur gilet and some maroon loafers which you can't see. I also went bare legs which paid off as the weather in Manchester has been so strange recently and it was a really hot day. Almost too hot for the jumper! I also wore my everyday basic jewellery and my Longchamp handbag. 

Katherine Penney Chic Blogger Fashion Style Outfit Ootd Autumn Pretty Preppy Simple Classic Cute Luxury

Sorry that I haven't been posting quite as much recently. Now I am back at uni it is hard to find as much time and I have so many outfit posts and bits and pieces that I want to share with you! My house also doesn't have wifi yet so I have been going to the library pretty much everyday just to use the wifi! Although I am actually really enjoying taking my laptop and my books and walking to the library in the Autumn sunshine, especially if I am wearing something a little preppy like this outfit. Makes me feel like I am back at school again!

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend. I actually cannot believe that it is October already! I need to start planning my Halloween outfit pretty soon! xx

3 comments:

  1. Hello dear.... nice blog
    would you like to follow each other on our blog ...?
    let me know --- >>> http://mcaruso930.blogspot.it/
    I aspect, a kiss: - *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your skirt!! Nice blog!!
    Hugs,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete