Thursday 4 February 2016

January Favourites

January Favourites 

Katherine Penney Chic Monthly Favourites Makeup Beauty January Naked 3 Palette Essie Lipstick New Love

The fact that my monthly favourites appear to have a slight colour scheme makes me very happy! So the first month of 2016 is over and I have a few new favourites as well as some old loves to share with you.

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette 
In December is was all about the gold eyeshadow and red lips, so this month I have really been enjoying something a bit more natural. These pinky, rose gold shades as so pretty and are getting me in the mood for some pretty Valentines Day makeup! Also the dark purple shade looks great as a smokey eyeliner along the top lash line to really make brown eye pop. 

Sanctuary Spa Velvety Hand Cream
Just like lip balms I have so many different hand creams in different bags and all over my bedroom. However this one is by far my favourite. I find that a lot of hand creams just make my hands feel greasy and then dry again an hour later. This one smells lovely and is really so moisturising. Probably going to have to repurchase this when it runs out, which doesn't happen very often. 

Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer 
I'm never really loyal to a concealer as I still don't think I have found the perfect one. However of all the ones I have tried I think this is my favourite. It's my perfect shade right now and feels so light on my skin. The only think is I wish it was a little bit thicker for a little more coverage. Back to uni and the bags under my eyes are already so bad...

bareMinerals Powder Foundation 
I think a mix of alcohol and lots of chocolate made my skin very unhappy this Christmas. So I wore more foundation to cover it all up and then it got worse so the cycle continued. After my exams in January I went home and was makeup free for almost a week. My skin cleared up a lot and now I have been really enjoying wearing something a lot lighter. I stopped wearing this a few months ago as the shade I had was way too dark once I lost my Summer tan. However this new pot is the perfect colour and feels just like skin. 

Essie Urban Jungle 
This was one of the Essie nail polishes that I got in my stocking for Christmas. It's such a lovely of white shade that looks so pretty with every outfit. And of course, Essie just do the best nail polish formula. 

Maybelline Cream Blush - Shade 02 
I bought this a while back and loved it so I don't really know why I stopped using it. But recently I have really got back into using this to achieve a lovely healthy glow. It's such a pretty shade that will be perfect for Spring. 

Olivia Palermo for Ciaté London Lipstick - Praline
I only acutally got this right at the end of January but I had to include it as I have worn it pretty much everyday since. It is such a beautiful natural shade and has a really velvety texture. 

Hope everyone had a lovely start to 2016! And with Pancake Day next week and then Valentines Day after that there is so much to look forward to! Speak soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment